July 31, 2004

JERRY! JERRY!

I started watching the democratic party convention on TV in the early hours.It's wierd, I try not to get caught up in this strange personality facade they call elections but its hard to keep away. Michael Moore might just have done it for the democrats, with a little help from Jerry Springer in the wings. People told me that under Clinton nothing was different. I'm sure they are right but it definately felt different. It was great to see a different "face of America" come forward on TV. I'm so sick of Rumsfeld, Bush and co but I remember Blairs words when he was first elected and Robin Cook's "ethical defense policy." Could the democrats do it with a war on? Would anything change? Maybe all this my country right or wrong bullshit isn't the real America.

No comments: