December 29, 2005

Xmas not so blue

Christmas wasn't so bad. Mildly suicidal feelings on Xmas eve in a house alone but after that it definately improved. Family is a much less volatile concept as we all get older. I bumped into the only school friend I stay in contact with which was great. Neither of us have bothered to get any older which is strange.

When I got back to London the Israeli girl I share a house with had her dad over. (a British guy who has lived in a kibbutz for 25 years) and her brother who has just got out of the Israeli army.

I came downstairs to eat about 2AM to find them all drinking, the father berating his children:

"Neither of you are telling me about significant relationships you have had this year which worries me. You should both sleep with more people."

I didn't have that conversation with my mum over Xmas...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't have that conversation either, altho my 75yo mum cheerfully volunteered that my dad is tolerating his medication well, with the only side effect being delayed ejaculation. AIEEEEEE!!!

PS Sparkle does so look like Police Woman. If only we could hear her say "Spread'em" with a Texas accent so thick you can stand a spoon in it

BigDog said...

Interesting cultural note.

DAVE BONES said...

glad you both survived the festivities too. Have a good NYE tommorow

BigDog said...

Thanks. Happy New Year. Oh, and thank you for the Christmas email. Much appreciated.

DAVE BONES said...

My fundamentalist one? What you reckon of all that?

boudica of suburbia said...

I thought people were a bit too eager to go to kibbutz, now i know why the dirty slags.

xxB