May 05, 2006

ex CIA Ray MacGovern vs Rumsfeld



also:

Zahn: Did you go to this speech today with the intent of challenging Secretary Rumsfeld?

MCGOVERN: I had no predetermined objectives. I just wanted to see what he had to say. But I did get very motivated when the first lady was ejected from -- from the -- from the crowd.

Zahn: How much of an ax do you have to grind with Secretary Rumsfeld?

MCGOVERN: It's not a matter of axes to grind. It's a matter of telling the truth. And we pledged, in my day at the CIA, to tell it without fear or favor, to tell it like it is. And, when I see that corrupted, that is the real tragedy of this whole business.

Zahn: There was a point where it appeared as though you were going to get kicked out ... Donald Rumsfeld encouraged whoever I think had their hands on you at the time to let you stay there. Does he get any credit for that today?

MCGOVERN: At first, I thought, well, that was rather gracious. But, then I got to thinking, I was not abusing the privilege. I was simply asking pointed questions. And for the national TV audience to see me carted away for asking Rumsfeld to explain what any objective observer would call a lie, that wouldn't have been good P.R. So, yes, I'm glad he let me stay. But I think it was for self- interested reasons.

2 comments:

The Scrutinator said...

Was McGovern being ignorant, dishonest, or just trusting the wrong people?

Indigobusiness said...

MCGOVERN: It's not a matter of axes to grind. It's a matter of telling the truth. And we pledged, in my day at the CIA, to tell it without fear or favor, to tell it like it is. And, when I see that corrupted, that is the real tragedy of this whole business.

Tragic beyond words.

Anybody apologizing for Rumsfeld, or not applauding McGovern is unAmerican, a lap-dog of the unholy alliance in power, and undeserving of the protections of what's left of the Constitution.

When the effects of this corruption fully comes home to roost, the traitors to this country will be the supporters of this tragic shame.

Will the world ever forgive us?