May 25, 2008

The Most Beautiful Building in London

(Click on the pictures for a larger image)




"Do you want to come and see the most beautiful building in London? We are driving.."

"No."

No? How can people say no to a question like that? Bloody art students.

Anyway I took a friend who had the necessary faculties to appreciate such a thing and we both came away suitably "mandired". The Mandir itself is free but we paid our money and had a look round the exhibition which was well worth it, especially the video. That such a thing exists in this country from voluntary labour in this day and age is a miracle in itself. (I think the 1500 Indian craftsmen who carved it in pieces were payed) I am not surprised about the Hindu Milk Miracle. I laugh when scientific people try and explain it to me. If you get a chance, visit the most amazing building in London. You aren't allowed to photograph inside, but if you think the outside is amazing enough, you've got to look at the ceiling inside. I went looking for some peace, but I was a bit too stoned to meditate. I found the most rocking looking female deity to make a prayer for Heidi. I'm going to try and get up there again soon. I need some peace.

Neasden Mandir

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)