March 12, 2009

MALUNG TV NEWS

I didn't blog about it at the time but Atilla and Hamid both appealed their sentences and lost last week. A few of those who were sent down with them are now out, and turned up at the hearing. They aren't allowed to talk to the meida, and in some cases they aren't actually allowed to go home. They are staying in hostels under curfew. I wasn't there, and didn't hear any of this from them.

So Atilla has another year or so to serve, and there is every chance that when he does come out I wont be able to complete a film with him, assuming he even wants to of course. Obviously this is alarming but time passes, shit happens. Lets see.

Mr Choudhary turned up in the news over the last few days again defending some people waving placards at returning British troops. Mr Waleed sent me a link to his new website. It is all "In Islamic" which makes it a bit difficult for me to wade through. I've found a page which lists the different types of Kaffir you can be and I don't think I fit into any of them.

1. Kufrul-'Inaad:

Disbelief out of stubborness. This applies to someone who knows the truth and admits to knowing the truth and admits to knowing it with his tongue, but refuses to accept it and refrains from making a declaration. Allah(swt) says: Throw into Hell every stubborn disbeliever [Surah Qaaf (50), Ayah 24]


I'm not one of these, I don't "Know the Truth". Hajj says sometimes that "I know the truth". I don't get it. If I knew the truth I would tell him what it was. I don't.

2. Kufrul-Inkaar:

Disbelief out of denial. This applies to someone who denies with both heart and tongue.

Allah(swt) says: They recognize the favors of Allah, yet they deny them. Most of them are disbelievers. [Surah Nahl(16), Ayah 83]


I don't deny or afirm. How the fuck do I know if there is or isn't an Allah?

3. Kufrul-Kibr:

Disbelief out of arrogance and pride. The disbelief by the devils (Iblis) is an example of this type of Kufr.


That would imply an "I know better" attitude. I don't. I have no idea.

4. Kufrul-Juhood:

Disbebelief out of rejection. This applies to someone who aknowledges the truth in his heart, but rejects it with his tongue. This types of kufr is applicable to those who calls themselves Muslims but who reject any necessary and accepted norms of Islam such as Salaat and Zakat.

Allah (swt) says: They denied them (OUR SIGNS) even though their hearts believed in them , out of spite and arrogance. [Surah Naml(27), Ayah 14]


Not applicable.

5. Kufrul-Nifaaq:

Disbelief out of hypocrisy.This applies to someone who pretends to be a believer but conceals his disbelief. Such a person is called a MUNAFIQ or hypocrite.

Allah( swt) says: Verily the hypocrites will be in the lowest depths of Hell. You will find no one to help them. [Surah An Nisaa (4), Ayah 145]


As above. Not applicable.

6. Kufrul-Istihaal:

Disbelief out of trying to make HARAM into HALAL. This applies to someone who accepts as lawful (Halal) that which Allah has made unlawful(Haram) like alcohol or adultery.Only Allah(swt) has the prerogative to make things Halal and Haram and those who seek to interfere with His right are like rivals to Him and therefore fall outside the boundries of faith.


Accept as lawful? I suppose I accept Alcohol as"lawful" in as much as I drink the stuff sometimes. Adultery? That is a whole different can of worms isn't it. If someone is beaten by or neglected by their partner and strays...how is it any of my buisness? I don't really go by what is and isn't lawful. There are lots of "Man made laws" I don't agree with. I'm not into what is and isn't lawful in a way maybe a judge or a copper would be. Not my bag.

7. Kufrul-Kurh:

Disbelief out of detesting any of Allah's(swt) commands. Allah(swt) says: Perdition (destruction) has been consigned to those who disbelieve and He will render their actions void. This is because they are averse to that which Allah has revealed so He has made their actions fruitless. [Surah Muhammed (47), Ayah 8-9]


Detesting commands? I don't agree with stoning people or chopping hands off. I think a barbarous legal system would encourage barbarity in society. I don't agree with violence of any sort except for in self defence. The rest of it I don't really understand. Allah is making my actions fruitless? That would just give me someone to blame. So far if there is one thing in life I have learnt it is that I can fuck things up all on my own.

8. Kufrul-Istihzaha:

Disbelief due to mockery and derision.

Allah (swt) says: Say: Was it at Allah, His signs and His apostles that you were mocking? Make no excuses. You have disbelieved after you have believed. [Surah Taubah (9), ayah 65-66]


I have been polite to Mr Hamza. I have been polite to Atilla. I didn't offend anyone in Finsbury in two years or so. I can still talk to some of them, those that aren't in jail anyway. They still seem pleased to hear from me. If I have mocked them in any way it has been meant with no offence.

It is easy to mock, vilify and objectify someone you don't know isn't it. I have been thinking that over the last few days looking at the reaction to the Luton placard wavers. I don't know who they are or if they mean me any harm. I would assume if they were dangerous the Police would arrest them. I totally fail to get excited about thse people. I am fascinated by them and that they exist in 21st centrury Britain. I want to film them for some reason. Ask them what they are about.

9. Kufrul-I'raadh:

Disbelief due to avoidance. This applies to those who turn away and avoid the truth.

Allah(swt) says: And who is more unjust than he who is reminded of his Lord's signs but then turns away from them. Then he forgets what he has sent forward (for the Day of Judgement) [Surah Kahf(18), Ayah 57]

Turn away? I look all this full in the face and question. Is this truth? There are thousands upon thousands of religions in the world. I question them too. Are any of them true? You have to know "The truth" if there is such a thing for yourself don't you.

Lastly:

10. Kufrul-Istibdaal:

Disbelief because of trying to substitute Allah's Laws. This could take the form of: (a) Rejection of Allah's law(Shariah) without denying it (b) Denial of Allah's law and therefore rejecting it, or (c) Substituting Allah's laws with man-made laws.

Allah (swt) says: Or have they partners with Allah who have instituted for them a religion which Allah has not allowed. [Surah Shuraa(42), Ayah 8]

Allah(swt) says: Say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely (that) is lawful and this is forbidden so as to invent a lie against Allah. Verily, those who invent a lie against Allah will never prosper. [Surah Nahl (16), Ayah 116]

Rejection of Allah's law(Shariah) without denying it- Ah. I suppose you got me.

Except that I don't think these two verses are necessarily saying this. The first is saying someone has partnered with someone else for a new religion-(not me). The second is simply about telling a lie. Anyway I hope to talk further about all this with Mr Choudhary and Mr Waleed.

..

1 comment:

Gorilla Bananas said...

They left out:

11. Disbelief because the god they believe in clearly doesn't exist and in time to come will seen in the same light as Zeus, Odin and those cocksuckers the Aztecs worshipped.