August 19, 2010

CHARACTERISATION



I saw this on Madam Miaows blog and thought it was great. This guy gets people he likes into his show then rants on and on while they sit there laughing. A German chick in my house watches RT all the time, she reckons this guy looks like a character from The Simpsons. RT.com is a very interesting mix of government propaganda and really really interesting stuff.

Otherwise I have been having small stabs at working out the electrics on my ailing chop which is making me laugh and cry at the same time, and very much enjoying Sons of Anarchy. The story is great, the acting not so good. It would have been better with less capable actors with more experience of the sort of stuff they are portraying. Which jobbing actor can get their head round the sort of character who would burn someones tattoo off their back? Anyway I just started series two and Henry Rollins has turned up as a white supremacist so things are looking up.

Also worth watching is Channel 4s mission doco series about some Amish kids coming to the UK. Thankfully they have left out the usual wanker presenter voices and let one of the kids narrate the thing themselves. The way these kids and the English kids discuss their differences gives me real hope for the rest of us- and both sides obviously had a lot to learn from each other. I particularly enjoyed the commentary of the Amish kids when spending time in our education system which is based on a lot of abstraction and playing compared to their education system which is based on teaching the to provide for their families.

Amish: The Worlds Squarest Teenagers

Last of all, I haven't watched this yet but am about to Panoramas Death in the Med about the recent attack of the IDF on a boat heading for Gaza
..

No comments: