June 11, 2008

HAMID

I met Hamids daughter for the first time since the trial. Very sad, don't really know what I can do to help. She said her dad keeps on being moved from cell to cell and block to block. No one who isn't family is allowed to visit. She asked me to write to him, but I don't really know him. I asked if Nasreen Suleman or Phil Rees had written or been in contact with her. I thought they would be more help than I as they actually know Hamid. She said she is up for doing some filming with me. Hamid is appealing his sentence soon. He has written some poetry inside

Fruit

The fruit that i gave was so bitter
But not as bitter than what i said
I'd rather speak the truth
Then tell a lie
My word comes from the heart
My tongue can be sharper than a knife
Words can kill, words can destroy
Words can have a lasting effect

The truth is bitter,the truth is great
So accept reality for life is hell -
Accept the truth
For i am telling you
That there is one way
And live with love and kind
Find God
It will all become sweet

HAMID



Behind My Mask

Behind my mask lies another man,
When the world is in silent,
No one can see or hear the whispers of the night,
There is another side
That only releases in the darkness of the time
Staying up through the night
Crying to your lord
With the tears of your heart

HAMID


We didn't talk a lot on a hot day, I didn't know what to say. I explained that things were a lot more straightforward for me because Atilla pleaded guilty.

No comments: