October 05, 2011

Centre for Identities and Social Justice

I went to the launch of Centre for Identities and Social Justice tonight as it is nearby and looked interesting. I am always a bit suspect of these academia driven things, preferring to hear from people who actually get stuck into these issues on the ground. The person most grounded in this respect, Akeela Ahmed I didn't hear much from but there was a very interesting guy in the discussion afterwards who was talking about working in prisons. Everyone on the panel was saying useful stuff about the pitfalls of the prevent agenda. I will keep an eye on what these guys are up to. I am not sure if what I have been up to could be considered "research". I tried to convince Hajj (one of Abu Hamza's posse) to come with me but without any luck again.

Centre for Identities and Social Justice website
..

No comments: