March 28, 2005

ASTERIX AND OBELIX

I'm over the moon that I can at least have a stab at this documentary after two years of nail biting but there are a couple of things that bother me. I've looked at a few websites Jamal has pointed out to me and its basically clear that they believe every conspiracy theory on the internet.

Thats fine.

In television-land conspiracy theorists are rarely terrorists. Jamal and co claim that the whole media is controlled by a high level conspiracy between some Jewish buisnesmen. They believe in a lot of holocaust revisionism. None of this should be a suprise. As long as they make clear that they do not have anything against Jewish people on the whole, to me it is just like someone believing that Jesus died for their sins. People believe bizzare things all of which may or may not be true.

None of this bothers me.

What really bothers me is being Hajj-less. In all my footage with Hajj he just jumps out of the screen. He's onscreen British Fundamental Islam how no one would ever imagine seeing it on T.V. Now Hajj and Abdullah have parted company I've got Obelix without an Asterix and it doesn't look right.

One of the funniest things I have on film is that the guys closest to this evil "hook" character the tabloids have built ( Abdullah and Hajj) came across more like Asterix and Obelix than scheming, evil, murderous terrorists.

I've often wondered what would be the best, and the most interesting and universally useful thing I could get on T.V. about these guys. I feel as if I want to step back with my own beliefs. To take as much neutral ground as possible is the responsible and most interesting journey to take.

In my wildest documentary dreams I would introduce misses Rightwingsparkle to Hajj.

Hajj often used to say to me,

"I will debate with anyone. Even racists. We must have understanding about these things."

I'm sure they'd find more empathy than either of them would imagine. There are so many things that misses Rightwingsparkle and Hajj would agree strongly about. God, Religion, abortion.

I'm also certain they'd have an electric discussion about what they disagree with about each others cultures and interpretations of world events.

I think what would transpire in this scenario would be useful to the people's of Britain and America, whether Right or left wing, Bible believers or heathen. What could be better television?

What would a rightwing Texan who reads this sort of thing make of an old Islamic Fundamentalist like Hajj who reads this? Would they even meet? I want to find out.

1 comment:

RightwingSparkle said...

Ok, to be fair, the site I read is SATIRE...ya know..haha..yuk, yuk..make fun of stuff.

His seems to be serious.

And I don't think we would agree on abortion, God, or religion.

I guess you know I would just end up laughing hysterically and then what would I look like on your documentary??? LOL!!!