January 09, 2006

Hamza trial restarts


BBC, Monsters and Critics, AKI Italy, Ireland Online, CNN, Bloomberg, Reuters

Again, he looked OK if a bit pale from prison life. As I walked into the public gallery I saw him on the stairs in relaxed conversation with his guards. I heard from someone who visits him that he is treated alright in prison these days, though they like to keep him separate to the other prisoners since four had allegedly "reverted" to Islam as a result of talking to him .

I'm a bit confused as to what I can and can't say as I missed the judges ruling from the previous hearings and was frankly surprised to see a jury sworn in today. Funny enough I'm a bit confused as to what I can or can't say about my own personal experiences around court 2 of the Old Bailey. To leave it not too mysterious, it seems the closer I get through the people surrounding Hamza the more disturbingly mellow they get. What the fuck is happening? Maybe he only shouts about Kaffirs and Jihad when he goes out of the front door.

More soon I hope.

(My summary of proceedings when the trial opened in July is here)

No comments: