October 05, 2005

via Omegaprojektet:

An astonishing claim that M16 recruited Muslim extremists in Britain for terror training abroad has been made by Oldham MP and former cabinet minister Michael Meacher.

Mr Meacher also suggest that a British Muslim held under sentenced of death in Pakistan for beheading a US journalist is being kept alive because he was a British double agent...

"During an interview on Fox TV this summer, the former US federal prosecutor John Loftus reported that the British intelligence had used the al-Muhajiroun group..to recruit Islamist militants with British passports for the war against the Serbs in Kosovo."

Mr Meacher also highlights the case of UK-born Muslim Omar Saeed Sheikh, sentenced to death for the murder of US journalist Daniel Pearl in 2002.

Mr Meacher writes that Sheikh has been allowed 32 appeals against his sentence, the last being adjourned "indefinitely". He says the same Delhi foundation describes Sheikh as a British agent.

Mr Meacher adds: "This is all the more remarkable when this is the same Omar Sheikh who, at the behest of General Mahmood Ahmed, head of the ISI, wired $100,000 to Mohammed Atta, the leading 9/11 hijacker, before the New York attacks, as confirmed by Dennis Lomel, director of FBI's financial crimes unit."

Mr Meacher's argument is that the UK and US security service do not want a proper investigation into these links because it would expose how they encouraged and helped to recruit Islamic 'warriors' when it suited their purposes

7 comments:

DAVE BONES said...

I'm sure they did. If you find a link to the interview do post.

Bill Nilsson said...

Just watched Preachers of Hate. Excellent work, Dave! Are you making a full length documentary or what's the plan?

Bill Nilsson said...

Yeah, almost forgot.. don't know if you've already noticed this blog, but it's real good for the lastest in jihadi internet propaganda:

http://virtuallyislamic.blogspot.com/

More good stuff, just in case you've missed it:

http://www.clandestineradio.com/

DAVE BONES said...

Nice one Bill. I don't need the links, I'll just keep tunning in to your blog occasionaly same as usual!

As far as documentary goes I am still looking for a decent broadcaster to back it, also looking for indie funding. Failing that I'll just keep putting stuff as I get it online here in 10-15 min segments.

I don't mind either way really. I think it is quite funny that the only thing showing the other side of such a huge media story is on a pokey little blog!

Got any contacts in Swedish TV?

Bill Nilsson said...

Are you still filming, or are you finished collecting material and just working on the editing now? If I was you I'd just burn the thing on dvd's and sell it in the streets, to begin with at least. And keep on sending flowers to Mr Big at Channel 4. :)

Regarding contacts at Swedish television, can't say that I know anyone there.

DAVE BONES said...

Yeah, turned down by channel 4. Dont know why. I think I can present something pretty impartial whatever my personal views. If they don't want the access I have got it says more about them than it does about me.

I have a couple more people to film but I'm not saying anything about it at the moment. I've been meaning to write a secret blog entry to my blogging friends (of both sides) via email. There are some pretty amazing things about the Hamza story which haven't made the papers yet.

Bill Nilsson said...

Intriguing!