May 13, 2005

BLOG BIRTHDAY


My blog is a year old today so I thought I'd celebrate a year of this strange obsession in true internet geekin style - with a badly put together photocollage!

from left to right:

THE DEEKSTER: a fellow disillusioned lefty who also wishes the world were a better place

Mr. Mike H. My blogging brother who I met in Rishikesh (India) when he was 19. It was he who introduced me to blogging- for what good it has done me!

BRAD: A Republican who I hope doesn't still think I want to kill everyone who gets in my way

THE SCRUTINATOR: A Republican who I have enjoyed the odd argument with, but who has also informed me of my own beliefs sometimes.

Ex-Millenial Girl: A real person who has gone through the service industry of the shit that happens to males who's life doesn't turn out like the fairy tale they were told when they grew up. She's survived and shes blogging about it!

Tequilas not for me:The first blogger I met. If I blogged as honestly as her about my life you'd all be in tears.

and, last but not least- the most famous blogger of the lot of us (if profile views are anything to go by)- MISSES RIGHTWINGSPARKLE: Clash on politics, but love the smile!


a virtual birthday party with all the characters I have met through blogging. great party no? an ex-enron employee, an ex-stripper and cat-nip grower, a fellow lefty and 3 republicans, (the dog at the back is a republican) I am supposed to be a technosquat anarchist film maker- what happened?



Happy birthday blog!

8 comments:

Ang said...

Congrats!! :)

Stefanie said...

This is so funny. I know just how much work went into that pic, don't apologize for it being crude!

I am especially impressed by the cake.

Bravo, and congratulations, you've been blogging for one year, which is 10 months more than your average blogger nowadays.

The Scrutinator said...

Happy birthday!

Great picture!

The Hound of Scrutiny is honored to attend! (I.e., what's left after the chopping up.)

I.:.S.:. said...

Hppy brthdy mthrfckr.

tequilita said...

happy blog birthday!!! so glad to know you...congratulations!

RightwingSparkle said...

I'm sure I was the life of the party!!...;-)

Wish I could have really been there. Happy Birthday Dude!

I.:.S.:. said...

"my true brother"... [snif, snif]... I'm so moved, I almost cried... Though it's probably just the drug withdrawals, hee hee... God bless...

I.:.S.:. said...

"It was he who introduced me to blogging- for what good it has done me!"

Apropos to this, look here and pay special attention to my third comment...