September 14, 2006

ABU ABDULLAH CHARGED


Guardian, CNN, ITV, BBC,

Which of the masked marvels have been charged with him I'm not sure yet as I don't recognise the names.

* Muhammad Al-Figari, 42, of Tottenham, faces three charges, including attending a woodland area in Lyndhurst, Hampshire, between 2 and 4 June this year, where terrorism training was being held, and another charge of possessing material likely to be useful for terrorism.

* Atilla Ahmet, 42, of Lewisham, faces eight charges, including encouraging the murder of people not of the Muslim faith, and publishing a statement encouraging the public to commit acts of terrorism.

* Kadar Ahmed, 19, of Plaistow, faces three charges, including attending a woodland area in Lyndhurst, Hampshire, between 28 April and 1 May this year, where terrorism training was being held.

* Moussa Brown, 40, of Walthamstow, is charged with both providing and receiving training in the making or use of firearms.

* Saloum Joh, 21, of Putney, is charged with possessing a shotgun, in contravention of the Firearms Act.

* A 17-year-old youth from Camberwell, who cannot be named for legal reasons, faces four charges, including attending a woodland area in Lyndhurst, Hampshire, between 28 April and 1 May this year, where terrorism training was being held.




I've got some out takes of Abdullah (from London Post 7/7) saying to me

"Any more bombs go off and that footage'll be worth two hundred grand"

somewhere.

Maybe I'd best dig it out.

I don't know whether it is me just thinking the best of people but I still can't think of Abdullah as a threat to the people of this country. It seems to me hes got "Jihadi tourettes" or something.

I feel a bit as if I have failed. Like I should have stayed in touch with Abdullah a bit more after filming seemed unviable. Now they have charged him I suppose I can visit. I don't know if I'm just going to have a row with him from the public gallery. I'm certainly angry with what he said in this interview after 2 and a half years of him saying quite different stuff to me. It was because of this stance on the bombing of innocents that I carried on filming with him.

I wonder what would have happened had my proposed meeting between him and Sparkle's posse taken place. Whether we could have forged links which would have pushed all this in another direction. Whether "the film" took too much priority in my mind over my higher mission which was to do what the government said they and the mosques should be doing.

For the whole of this blog I've sensed an internal argument between "peace ativist" and "gonzo journalist". Really I'm neither. I suppose I'm just a blogger.

I've been discussing all this with the Republicans here if anyone wants to join in. No swearing though...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

>>I don't know whether it is me just thinking the best of people but I still can't think of Abdullah as a threat to the people of this country. It seems to me hes got "Jihadi tourettes" or something.<<

In the nicest possible way, and I say that because I believe you to be a genuinely decent guy, if a little misgueded - 'wake up and smell the coffee Dave'.

Best wishes,

Malc from the UBA :-)

DAVE BONES said...

cheers Malc, what are you lot up to?

DAVE BONES said...

ha ha yes, I spoke to some people from the channel 4 indyfund last week. They can't show anything which might prejudice the trial either way but may want to do something after.

They were really nice and there is a nice atmosphere in the building.

They really seem to be after some stuff from the Jihadi rap scene, which I was already aware of. I haven't a good lead yet but am on it.

I.:.S.:. said...

The Jihadi rap scene? Let's do it.

(The TV channels have spoken to Dave before, but he refused to sell out...)

DAVE BONES said...

I promised the guys I wouldn't sell footage. I don't mind making something...

People get to see my stuff anyway.