April 08, 2009

Now I know why these guys didn't want to make a film with me..

Gut feeling? I liked Mustafa and Mohssain. They have a fascinating untold story that I would really love to hear. What can I say? I'm glad they took up thieving from the rich rather than terrorism? They are obviously enterprising but maybe didn't have such a good start. I didn't really get to know either of them, Mohssain I only met the once and he didn't say a lot. So many young Muslims in London have a story of a boiling existance which careers between extreme, austere Islam and petty crime but for obvious reasons it is next to impossible to get it out of them.

I regret not sitting Atilla down away from Finsbury and speaking honestly to him rather than just pasively filming what he did and trying not to upset him. I feel the same about these two. Maybe worse because they are younger. Its pretty obvious from my blogging at the time I was in no position to sort my own shit out.

Three sons of hook-handed cleric Abu Hamza are facing jail after admitting taking part in a £1 million car ringing racket. The two-year plot targeted high value BMWs, Range Rovers and Mercedes that had been left for weeks in long-stay car parks.

Using false identities, conmen tricked the DVLA into diverting registration details from the real owners to a string of addresses. The fraudsters would then go to dealerships across London to claim the spare keys.

Hamza Kamel, 22, and Mohammed Mostafa, 27, who are sons of the former Finsbury Park Mosque imam, and his 28-year-old stepson Mohssin Ghailam, variously pleaded guilty to handling stolen goods, money laundering and fraud at Southwark Crown Court...

..

No comments: