March 28, 2006

Interpretation



Bloody hard to play the guitar without a smoke. Its like "What are these wires under my fingers?" The acupuncturist has put seeds in my ear to press on.

I just watched Munich. Good film. The end was a bit annoying. Artistic licence meant we got to see the leader of the assasins boning his missus interspersed with the "images he couldn't get out of his head" of the Israeli atheletes being killed. I don't know what the Republican take is on this film. It fairly much humanises everyone involved in the story. The artistic licence annoyed me in the same way some are annoyed about how reporters "translate" the story of war for the viewer.

Its dramatised by people who don't know what its like to do these things to "feed" to people who don't know what its like to do these things. Every time he's thinking about "the horror" on his way to climaxing with his misses she closes his eyes. Great image. Sex and death. The love of a good woman closing your eyes to the horror. Wonderful screenwriting, and an annoying load of bollocks at the same time if you catch my drift.

Screenwriters are profesionally annoying anyway no? Artistic licence. I know that if I was Alan Moore and some pissy director did to my story what it sounds like they have done to V for Vendetta I'd be tempted to turn terrorist and hunt them down. Know what I mean? If you're going to make V for Vendetta, make fucking V for Vendetta. Why would any Hollywood twat think they could rewrite it to be as good as the original?
It seemed to me the two more absolute extremes were anarchy and fascism. This was one of the things I objected to in the recent film, where it seems to be, from the script that I read, sort of recasting it as current American neo-conservatism vs. current American liberalism. There wasn't a mention of anarchy as far as I could see. The fascism had been completely defanged. I mean, I think that any references to racial purity had been excised, whereas actually, fascists are quite big on racial purity.

No comments: