March 26, 2007

WHICH HITCH WENT WHICH WAY

Just watched Peter Hitchens on TV. Very good stuff. His encounter with George Mombiot was the escence of this theory I am on about the disolution of traditional "left and right" being our way forward. I would disagree with his conclusions about Cameron in that if Cameron has had a genuine personal change of heart in terms of environmental issues, if only in the last eighteen months and he then goes on to try and educate the blue rinse brigade this can only be a good thing. We would get to see results were he elected- same as the other side. Whether its just "vote winning" doesn't matter.

Also I would disagree with Hitchens final conclusions that the country is strongly governed only if two opposites clash strongly. Whenever I watch the house of commons on TV my first though is always "Right. Fuck this. Lets try something else."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The guy presenting the programme was the conservative traditionalist Peter Hitchens, not Christopher. The left-wing, radical Christopher is his brother.

DAVE BONES said...

Thanks. I'm always getting names wrong