February 26, 2008

MOHAMMED HAMID GUILTY

My films featuring Mohammed Hamid are here and here.

I knew about this a few days ago. I think the reporting restrictions were to do with the last trial from the Bridge to China raid in which the defendants pleaded guilty today.

The trial and conviction of Mohammed Hamid has been one of the most important counter-terrorism prosecutions since 9/11

The Radicaliser and the Bombers

Mohammed Hamid 'is evil personified'

Top Terror Recruiter Found Gulity

Analysis: terror camp convictions mark end of the Hamza network

Guardian, The Press Association, Yahoo

"Breakfast" on Youtube

Channel 4 News

Sky (I think)


As reporting restrictions have been lifted I will reintroduce some of the comments which appeared on my blog regarding this trial which I feared could be regarded as contempt of court issues. As regulars will know I sat upstairs for as much of this trial as I could get to, often with Hamid's daughter and Atilla's brother Musa.

What is of interest, if you wade through some of these articles is that the jury found Hamid not guilty on charges of incitement attached to Atilla Ahmet. What does this mean? That they thought neither was inciting or just that Hamid wasn't? I don't know how this will affect Atilla's sentencing.

You will see on the BBC Website Musa Brown and Musa Ahmet gave an interview to Daniel Sandford. Musa (Ahmet) called and told me he said a lot more about his brother which wasn't included. Daniel had asked me for some footage of Hamid and Atilla together. I had to turn him down because Musa and Atilla were unhappy with the way it would be used. (see Atilla's wifes comment)

I will post the links of updated blogs here when it is all in order, I'll also try and get some sort of reaction from Hamid's daughter. Give me half a day or so..

UPDATE:

Musa Ahmet and Atilla's wifes comment reintroduced on STRANGE BREAKFAST

African Neocon comment on ITS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE

Anonymous comment on VERY CROSS EXAMINATION

I have also updated my own scrawls on posts ONES SEVENS NINES AND ELEVENS, ITS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE, CONSPIRACY THEORIES, ATILLA STRIKES OIL

Also coming up I have video interviews with a couple of people arrested and released in the Bridge to China raid.


Thanks for the interest from all sides in my work on this subject.

..

9 comments:

African neocon said...

Guilty!!! The unsug hero's at Thames House and Special Branch deserve a big pat on the back for successfully showing the intentions of MH.

I can't wait to see the faces of the guys [supporters of MH at Speakers Corner] this Sunday.

Well done Thames House!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,

I got blog - it's early days, but hey.

http://wonderingbrit.wordpress.com

Simon

African neocon said...

Another victory for MI5: Mohammed Hamid aka Osama bin London

For those of us [anti-Islamists] that are regulars at Speakers’ Corner who face every Sunday the undeniable hatred by Islamists who use British foreign policy as a justification for visiting terror upon the shores of the UK will welcome wholeheartedly the guilty verdict of Mohammed Hamid. Long may he stay in Belmarsh in my view.

Mohammed Hamid was a terrorist who had ambitions of grandeur: he wanted to follow in the footsteps of the ‘acclaimed’ UK Islamic terrorist recruiters (Abu Hamza, Abu Qatada et al). But as many in Speakers Corner have labelled him, he was the idiot-cum-joker terrorist recruiter who thought he could [openly] preach Jihad against the UK in the name of free speech. But still many in the park (some who should have known better) viewed him as a harmless Muslim clown.

I remember summer of 2005 when he turned to me in the park and introduced me to a Muslim covert [who could have been the brave courageous Dawood who finally brought him down] and said: “you lot are looking for people like me to blow this country up but we have people like him [white English] to do the job for us.” Thankfully, MH never got the opportunity to carry out his ambitions of bring terrorism to the UK via recruiting young Muslims. For MI5 and Special Branch [Dawood et al] were hot on his heels tracking and monitoring his every move (including his Jihadist rants at Speakers’ Corner).

I often tell (some of the paranoid) Muslims in the park that they have nothing to fear from the security services so long as they are not involved in planning acts that are contrary to the principles of democracy: terrorism. But for those Muslims who feel justified in planning acts of terror because the UK and its allies have ‘gone to Iraq and Afghanistan’ should be warned that HMG has dedicated officials (like Dawood and other brave MI5 officers) who have taken an oath to defend this great country of ours (I use “ours” as I believe in the principle: ubi bene, ibi patria – where one lives and feels good is ones country). No doubt the verdict of Mohammed Hamid will not deter other determined terrorists but I have no doubt that Dawood will and the boys at Thames House will not rest until they root them out just like the great James Angleton of the US ‘Firm’ did during the Cold War smoking out commies.

The post is dedicated to the professionalism and courage of those unsung heroes at MI5 and Special Branch without would place the UK in more dire danger from the ever present Islamic threat.

African neocon said...

A good verdict on Hamid: indefinitely staying in Belmarsh.

Anonymous said...

African Neocon, Dawood never really came up with much during the long period that Mi5 had Hamid, & the rest of the 'Supper Club' Gang, under surveillance.

Despite the security servics having Hamid & his gang of merry patsies under watch since May 2004, no significant plans were unearthed - only paintablling games which were organised & financed by the BBC 'journo' Nasreen Suleaman.

The judges summing up relied on Suleaman's evidence despite the nefarious nature of Suleaman.

The media has spun the reporting of Hamid's 'Breakfast' comment, as Dave B has revealed the context of the comment.

No info was gleamed from any surveillance of the July 21st 'events'. Much of the court proceedings were 'in camera', as were the Crevice & July 21st trials.

Your hollow praise of Mi5 doesn't convince me.

DAVE BONES said...

It is true they had no concrete plans for terrorism, as for Hamid's claim, that he spoke of "52 being breakfast" as a retort to Atilla's "packing it in and walking it to where it wants to be walked" comment, the jury obviously didn't believe him.

I still have no idea what you mean about Ms Suleman as both she and Phil Rees spoke in Hamid's DEFENCE, thought their work was used by the prosecution.

Anonymous said...

Ms Suleman (ostensibly) and Phil Rees spoke in Hamid's DEFENCE, thought their work was used by the prosecution.

"their work was used by the prosecution" - there’s the rub.

By available accounts, Ms Suleaman’s testimony swung the jury as her ‘evidence’ was referred to a number of times, during the Judge’s summing up.

Phil Rees went on to make some very valid points in an interview with Jon Snow on Channel 4, however there was no such elucidation supplied by the financier Ms Suleaman, who has kept remarkably quiet in her 13 years of journo endeavours…

DAVE BONES said...

Yeah. I get the leap of logic but its a leap I'm not going to go for personally. I aw her testify, she was called by the defence and testified in defence of Hamid. When i saw "Don't Panic I'm Islamic" on TV I thought it was designed to do exactly what it said on the tin.

The prosecution used it against Hamid along with what they had recorded themselves.

The idea that Suleman's testimony "swung it" I just can't see. I think the "52 is just breakfast" swung it a lot more.

Anonymous said...

I had the unfortunate luck of meeting this nutcase several times. Although he acted like a fool, you could spot he was filled with hatred. Anyone who believes otherwise is simply deluding themselves (probably due to the religion).
Big thumbs up to the security service, well done!