May 27, 2009

TERR-ISM

...The men claim they were given a choice of working for the Security Service or face detention and harassment in the UK and overseas.

They have made official complaints to the police, to the body which oversees the work of the Security Service and to their local MP Frank Dobson. Now they have decided to speak publicly about their experiences in the hope that publicity will stop similar tactics being used in the future...

also

Tortured while MI5 left the room: Briton's claim after 7/7 attacks

The only time in this whole process any authority figure without a uniform has ever jumped on me was totally understandable, as they had seen me talking to a jury member I bumped into out of the blue outside the Old Bailey who happened to be sitting on another case to the one I was watching- but they weren't to know that. They treated me with total dignity and left uniformed officers to take my details.

I wondered on this blog at the time whether if I was a different colour or a Muslim I would have been treated any differently. To be honest I have known full well from the start that if I was Muslim or another colour I would never have been doing any of this in a million years.

Anyway, I finally got to Mustafa and Mohssains trial yesterday just as it was adjourned. I thought I recognised a few other faces amongst the accused, not too sure. Sitting amongst cloned journalists all wearing the same suit reminded me how much like a fish out of water I felt trying to cover any of this. From what I can tell on the news this enterprise was to finance bling rather than any terr-ism.


..

No comments: