June 20, 2008

Long Time Coming


Britain's High Court ruled Friday that a radical Muslim preacher accused of helping set up a terrorist training camp in rural Oregon should be extradited to face terrorism charges in the United States.

Obviously I feel I should get to the States to cover this. At the moment I can't see how.

Abu Hamza loses extradition fight
(BBC)
Cleric faces US extradition after appeal loss (CNN)
Hamza faces extradition to the US (The National - Abu Dhabi,United Arab Emirates)
Raise a hook if you're leaving Britain (The Sun)
HAMZA: KICK HIM OUT NOW (Express)

etc etc etc

I'm not going to say too much about this right now, obviously I will be taking an interest in the evidence presented against him and possibly getting some reaction from people that know him. The only thing I can see wrong with the coverage which is going on is

The July 7 London bombers were inspired by his sermons and the would-be bombers of July 21 were regular worshippers at the Finsbury Park mosque in north London where he was formerly the imam.

The first statement is no doubt true but I don't think it can be claimed that the 21/7 guys were regular worshipers at all. A couple of them were photographed once or twice.

No comments: