August 11, 2008

COMMUNITY



Over the last few days life has been changed by the arrival of a mini digger. We had a proper digger driver for the first day, but falling instantly in love Paula put on some lipstick and muscled her way into the drivers seat, fighting mutinous mutterings of

"Lets take this more seriously" and walk offs, she took to it like a duck to water.

She had to disappear, so without an assembly of people waiting impatiently with wheel barrows I had a go the next evening. I was still moving my wrists in my sleep. The next two days I did eight hours a day straight almost without stopping on my own. I hadn't had so much fun since I was six. The first day it pelted with rain, the next I almost got a sun burnt back. The next day with someone who knew what they were doing guiding the work I dug a trench with it. This was so much fun I ended up looking on ebay for a second hand one.

We've done another great gig, fulfilling an ambition for the band that we have had since day one we performed with a couple of circus performers going up and down ropes. It was great, totally what I think "The Impossible" music is for.

8 comments:

Indigobusiness said...

Ahhh, the sweet life.

I'm really very proud.

Good onya.

DAVE BONES said...

Hey Indigo! Long time. Yeah its good to find a skill you didn't know you had. I don't have tits which bounce up and down when I am using the digger like Paulas do though. I think she'd be more popular than me on a building site.

Indigobusiness said...

That should've been documented.

DAVE BONES said...

I think there are photos. The whole project is being documented it is a very unique community build.

Indigobusiness said...

Not sure stills would do the bouncing justice.

DAVE BONES said...

ha you are right! Can dream can't you.

Indigobusiness said...

Where are these alleged photos?

Anonymous said...

good looking ramps, did you get them from www.theramppeople.co.uk