August 08, 2005

WHY BOMB LONDON? UK TV Channel 4

OK. Abu Abdullah has popped up both on TV and on the phone. I told him that I thought he had come across OK this time.

"Its not about how I come across. This is what Allah wills for me to do and it is about his bidding."

As some sort of explanation of his position to the British people I thought they were using some of his statements to make good points as well as more alarming ones, although always in these documentaries it is the "dispatches official line" rather than a film about who the people actually are.

For example, to make their point that the Muslims who met Tony Blair were not representatives of British Islam they suprisingly put Abdullah in saying:

"Who put them there? You will find thousands of British Muslims asking that question.."

and also put a very moderate young Muslim girl involved in Islamic survey groups saying the same thing.

I missed the first in this series last week, but I should have twigged that it was the Dispatches Abdullah had told me about. I was nervous about him doing it, considering what the Supporters of Shariah allege was done with Mr. Hamza previously.

The program actually started with the taped piece they dispute, and it is used in one section. Interestingly they did not attribute it to Abu Hamza once. (They feel the hawk-like eye of the judge looking over their shoulder no doubt.)

Apart from that the documentary was the same as usual. Loads of alarming things about people few of whom have never sucessfuly been charged with anything- The Government were threatening one of them with treason this morning totally unaware that the man had already left the country of his own accord on Saturday.

No comments: