October 06, 2005

Lickspittle and the Q'ustard Bomber

Totally by acident I caught up with the dramatic finale of The Apprentice last night (not sure which season you are on over there in the states) which I blogged about before. In this program everything was for charidee. A Charidee polo match, a charidee basketball jamboree and a manager of a computer software company up against a blonde Clifford Chase lawyer with no love lost between them.

"Money, money money money!" sang the O.J's.

This is apparently one of the most popular TV programmes in the states. Everyone aspires to these peoples attitudes and holds these peoples "values" which they honed in various name "American Institutions."

The two who rose from a million aplicants degraded themselves in the usual manner infront of the great Donald Trump before the office scenery flew away to reveal an audience of their peers in a New York theatre. Trumps smarmy friend interviewed a number of his "respected colleagues" and ex-contestants before the finalists came back in for a little more public degradation. Then Trump "fired" the looser and "hired" the winner.

The glittering prize was a choice between being involved in Trump's self-named huge errection in Las Vegas (a hotel) and involvement in 15 self-named huge errections (15 tower blocks and a park) in New York. Trump failed to pull his own version out of his trousers to show everyone, but I'm sure the grovelling apprentice was going to get a suck later. He of course chose to be near his lord and master in New York. If the lickspittle had positioned himself mouth open at the side of Trumps table to catch his dribble I wouldn't have been more disgusted. Compulsive viewing.

Would I suicide bomb myself amongst these people if I had the chance? No. If my explosives were custard, and I had the chance to hit everyone on the stage and cover the front three rows I'd consider it an achievement.

3 comments:

I.:.S.:. said...

Yes, you should suicide bomb yourself among them.

For is not the Lord good?

And are the wrong-doings of the infidels not grievous and demeaning?

Go ye therefore and suicide bomb yourself among them.

The Scrutinator said...

Though some surely aspire and honor them, many just gawk at their foolishness, glaring blind spots and ridiculousness of the whole situation.

I don't watch it, as it's just a little too stereotypical greedy-rich-(often-)-white-(often)-male.

Strap on the custard and go! (Do a custard test-run at your next rave. ;-)

DAVE BONES said...

permission to bomb from the scrutinator! I must be on the right tack.