April 30, 2008

BIG UP ABBIE!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!



Hofmann was disappointed when his discovery was removed from commercial distribution. He remained convinced that the drug had the potential to counter the psychological problems induced by “materialism, alienation from nature through industrialisation and increasing urbanisation, lack of satisfaction in professional employment in a mechanised, lifeless working world, ennui and purposelessness in wealthy, saturated society, and lack of a religious, nurturing, and meaningful philosophical foundation of life”.

Albert Hofman pictured here with DJ Goa Gill has passed. Good luck on your next trip Abie! I missed an opportunity to go to his 100th birthday party in Basel Switzerland. People who went told me he still took acid sometimes. Do read LSD-My Problem Child here. MAPS project here.

Channel 4 News. I am pretty sure all this stuff about "People jumping out of windows" refers to a fucked up experiment the CIA were doing with one of their staff members, and as for Abie being against people partying with his drug- well what is this?

Anyway I haven't taken any acid for a very long while. It is interesting that the new research is into treating problems of the psyche and post traumatic stress disorder because reliving stress was one of the reasons I stopped taking it. I'd end up walking round in circles talking to myself.

No comments: