May 07, 2008

DECRIMINALIZATION



Cannabis Advice ignored

I wasn't going to blog about this but the news today has tipped me toward exposure. The other day I was cautioned for possession of marijuana. A van load of them stopped us on the way to a gig. A thick Bermondsey girl said she would have to confiscate the minuscule amount she found in my wallet. I suggested she could also give it back to me instead as I wasn't raping anyone, stealing from them or mugging them. This might sound like a long shot. I don't know, it has happened before. I'd say it works- with humans. I also suggested in no uncertain terms that they could all give up trying to make me feel like a criminal as it wasn't going to work.

Three days later, dressed up all nice in my suit off to meet Rachel and Musa for the Quilliam launch round the corner from my house they pounced again. Now I have nothing against the Police in London. I have met a lot of them over the years I was squatting in very difficult circumstances and found them to be OK. Sensible. The ones WHO ARE LOOKING FOR CRIMINALS that is. These ones are like the little misfits from school who tell on people. They aren't looking for criminals because they are scared of them. They are scared they might get hurt. They wear the uniform but they leave the Police work to others.

UPDATE:

Cannabis will be raised to a class B drug with a maximum five year jail term for users, the government said on Wednesday, rejecting a recommendation from its own drugs advisers to leave the classification unchanged.

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith said the decision had been made because of concern, particularly amongst the public, about the "alarming" use of skunk, a stronger strain of the narcotic which now dominates the market.

So make skunk class B. This is really disappointing in the fucking 21st Century.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, let's put more harmless people in our already overcrowded prisons - they'd only end up in a mental hospital anyway!

"Her (Home Secretary Jacqui Smith) announcement followed the publication of a report by the independent Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD) which said there was insufficient evidence to regrade cannabis to the more serious class B."

-Ask the experts & then ignore them anyway. Farcical.

The Wondering Brit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DAVE BONES said...

Say what you think Si, am I a dangerous criminal? What century is this?

The Wondering Brit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Wondering Brit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DAVE BONES said...

And you'd see a whole load of people potentially jailed for personal use? Doing something they enjoy? I agree that Skunk is an unbalanced hybrid which is evident because they are using the other active ingredient of cannabis- canabloid to treat schizophrenia. Maybe skunk should be class B although I don't believe anyone should be arrestable for personal use of anything.

Sure skunk causes schizophrenia, but how many thousands have been brutally assaulted because of alcohol? The whole thing is a hypocrisy.

The only dealers I dislike are skag and crack dealers. They are trouble and attract trouble. Possibly coke dealers too.

DAVE BONES said...

I just don't believe that personal use by adults in the 21st century is a Police matter. Police should be for important things. I've met enough Policemen who agree with me.

Twit said...

I want you to get on with the video blogging, Simon (instead of just presenting us with vague reasons as to why you can't).

I like voices.