May 22, 2008

Heidi

Got an email which knocked me for six this morning. Eventually I got the strength to wade through the lurid press, sure I would eventually find something beautiful of a personal nature written about Heidi and I wasn't disappointed. I only knew Heidi for a few months over a year in India, but those were months when we were really alive and I am so glad of it now. In Goa where a lot of people can appear shallow, Heidi and her friends stood out, Heidi particularly with a wisdom beyond her years.

We did Vipassna together in Jaipur. I remember pulling her outside the place to break my silence with her and an Israeli girl, screaming and telling her mad stories of the visions I had experienced and how it was all brainwashing etc. etc. I've done Vipassna properly since. She said she had broke the rules and spent her time in her hut designing clothes she intended to make when she got back to Australia. I bumped into her years later at a festival to find that she had made the most beautiful leather boots, coats and trousers that I have seen and had a successful business which she ran from Bali.

All of this has made me think hard about the way I am living, and remember the mindset I was aspiring to when I met Heidi and her cousin in India. I haven't spent a lot of time around hippies since. I've often felt that going on this mad journey into Fundamental Islam has distanced me from what is possibly my "core group". Its not something hippies really relate to and I've tried my damnedest to relate to it. I got annoyed with hippies who said that if we all just dance we will raise the vibration of human consciousness etc etc. I feel now that I have judged the naive aspirations of Hippies a bit harshly, and maybe thats also because I've given up with some hippy groups in London who are seriously arguing with each other. Maybe its just London. I have to leave this a bit open ended. I am really encouraged by what people have written about Heidi. I think its making me remember something which was once very important to me.

Remember these teachings, remember the clear light, the pure bright shining white light of your own nature, it is death less.

If you can look into the visions you can experience and recognize
that they are composed of the same pure clear white light has everything else in the universe.

No matter where or how far you wonder, the light is only a split second, a half-breath breath away. It is never too late to recognize the clear light.



and so I begin my momentous task of telling the tale of heidi's ascension. the tale of community strength and love on the magical island of bali. even if you did not know heidi, i believe this is a truly valuable transmission of kindness, love, transmutaion and community. I humbly offer up my experience as a tribute to the queen of the pixies, our guardian angel, in the hopes that we can carry on her legacy of humility, fabulosity, kindness and above all, love...

No comments: