May 03, 2008

AHHHHH MOP!!!!

I've been reading Rachel and Chicken Yoghurt's reactions to the election of Boris as Mayor. I'm very unfussed. If I thought it would make any difference who was Mayor of London I suppose I would have voted. As I was half heartedly running a campaign for Gay Leik on this blog, maybe I should have registered. Obviously I'd love to see London grind to a halt with Boris on the steps of city hall bumbling. It may yet happen. I can't see why no one voted for Gay Leik as he was obviously the best person to run London, but- you know, fuck 'em.

I just get the impression people are a bit bland at the moment around here. Wake me up when something is happening, particularly if anyone wants to do anything about stopping terrorism. Meanwhile check out Snoop Dogg's new single- this is fucking gold dust.

In Rishikesh where I first met Mr Camel I was hanging out with two Australian chicks who were complaining about getting over sensualised massages from Old Indian guys who were conning them they were enlightened. The conversation widened into song lyrics which we thought sounded enlightened. One of the girls mentioned Whitney's

I believe that children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way...


I thought everything with a vocoder in it was enlightened

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys had an election? Never heard a word about it on this side of the Atlantic!

So, Ken's out. How did labour do overall?

African neocon said...

It was so obvious that Ken would lose this election. When you look at the excellent journalism of Andrew Gillingham in exposing the corruption of Ken's clique and how Ken 'supports terrorism' by inviting extremists to London, there was no way Londoners were going to vote him back in. Boris is a maverick who is prone to gaffes but he's committed to making London better and safe.

DAVE BONES said...

Yeah, I'm a bit uncharitable, so- congratulations African Neocon! How did Labour do overall? Do you remember a Labour leader in the dim distant past called Michael Foot?

African neocon said...

Yep! After Foot came Kinnock and they were both failures in the sense they couldn't win an election for Labour.

Dave Cameron is destined to win the next election.

Anonymous said...

Do you remember a Labour leader in the dim distant past called Michael Foot?

Beaten so badly it will require dental records for their mothers to identify them?
That won't work, dental hygiene sucks in teh U.K. ;)~

Twit said...

Michael Foot was WAY too nice a guy to win so much as a golfish at a school fete.

& I know Ken's a bit of an ass but at least he's an adult!

WTF is Boris?

Then again, ever since Bush became President, I've felt like I've been living in a cartoon anyway.

(what's dental hygiene?)

DAVE BONES said...

Yeah I liked Michael Foot.