November 25, 2008

I didn't expect this from The Times

I haven't really got a lot of commentary about pot shots into Pakistan. Its "off my territory" shall I say. I read about it, I read the usual reactions from the usual people. This, from Patrick Mercer stood out-

A death that plays into terrorists' hands

We cannot respect human rights at home and be complicit in the killing of suspects abroad

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has not yet confirmed whether Rauf was the target of the attack. But whether he was or not, this strike raises significant questions about this Government's counter-terrorism policy and I shall be calling for clarification from the Foreign Secretary, David Miliband, about British counter-terrorism operations in these circumstances...


there is more

No comments: