November 19, 2008

Zombies, Zeitgeists and Ghoulish movies

It has been inteesting living through "Change". I know exactly why I am optimistic. Because I know myself and the mood swings I am prone to too well. Its fuck all to do with Obama anyway. I have been fairly skint so I've been watching a lot of shit on the net, interspersed with some very useful conversations with real people and some great free gigs so I am not complaining. As I said I am optimistic.

The first thing I'd like to draw your attention to if you haven't caught it yet is Dead Set, The Big Brother zombie film. Its staying on 4catch up for an unusual length of time, they must be proud of it. They should be. I watched it in episodes as it came online, and then convinced some friends to watch it all the way through. During the last few episodes I wondered why I was watching such a gory film as they aren't usually to my taste. The last one put everything into place. The very last scenes properly wrapped up everything the writer wanted to say about the Big Brother concept and its position in the human psyche. I wont spoil it for you, its here for another thirteen days. Highly recomended.

More confusing and disturbing were the films Zeitgeist and Zeitgiest addendum. Confusing and disturbing because for the life of me I didn't know what I made of them at all. I tried watching the first one some time ago and gave up because I thought it was total shit. More friends of mine on facebook got fired up about the second part, so I gave it a go and found it a bit better, which put me in the frame of mind to give part one another chance.

I just don't know. Should I run around screaming? Would it help? I boggled my mind looking through detailed refutations of the claims made in these films. This really isn't my sort of thing. I think I agreed with the overall spirit in which these films were made and I'd love to see a shift in human conciousness away from monetarism. Having said that I wouldn't like to be in a room full of people who were totally sold on this stuff. I don't think I'd have anything useful to add to the conversation.

Apart from that TV wise I'm afraid its been formula TV the whole way for me with Last Man Standing, which I manage to stick to watching once per episode, and Top Gear which I am frighteningly addicted to. I'm not even going to tell you how many times I watched them drive muscle cars to the Boneville Salt flats.

Another movie I saw during "The Change" was How to Loose Friends and Alienate People which totally and utterly alienated me. Think The Devil Wears Prada switched to a male lead character. Don't add ANYTHING. Nothing at all. Thats it. One of the rare films I actually walked out of, How to Loose Friends... was just as bad for exactly the same reasons, but I sat through the whole thing to be polite to the company I was with this time. Utter, utter bollocks film.

Apart from that I have been puking, just the once but it is going to be quite memorable because I was puking in the toilets whilst my band were playing on stage without me. I don't think anyone noticed. When I told the rest of the band afterwards why I was late joining them they all said I should have stayed on stage and puked, securing myself a place in New Cross Folklore.

6 comments:

Twit said...

"I tried watching the first one some time ago and gave up because I thought it was total shit."

You're not being very specific there, Dave, so I'll hazard a guess:

You haven't yet woken up to the illusion that is the official 9/11 story?

Is that it? Or at least part of it?

RSVP

DAVE BONES said...

ha ha you rumbled me. I sort of woke up to it, then I fell back to sleep again. Currently I sort of have one eye slightly open to it but it is quite blurry.

DAVE BONES said...

These sort of films are like religion. It makes a lot of difference if you "believe".

Twit said...

Well yes, Zeitgeist is quite like that, & because of that, probably a precarious place get your '9/11 truth'.

So yeah, forget that for now...

I would suggest 'The Great Conspiracy: The 9/11 News Special You Never Saw'...for starters.

But also take a look at Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth.

Buildings on fire do not come down like that. They just don't. They had never before & have never since...BECAUSE THEY DON'T. They are made of steel. One of those towers came down in less than a hour! It's utterly absurd. They were BUILT to handle large aircraft crashing into them...

This isn't so much about 'believing' as seeing through the horseshit story we were fed...DISbelieving.

& the amount of evidence is amazing...undeniable. REAL science from very real scientists...not 'whackos' like the mainstream media suggests.

Here's a whole stack of films & related stuff...take a look...if you want.

Indigobusiness said...

I believe I'm puking, even now.

Indigobusiness said...
This comment has been removed by the author.