March 29, 2006

GOOD LUCK


Just watched Clooneys "Good night and Good Luck". Fantastic. Watch it.

It starts with Edward R Murrows speech at the RTNDA Convention in Chicago, October 15, 1958.

We are currently wealthy, fat, comfortable and complacent. We have currently a built-in allergy to unpleasant or disturbing information. Our mass media reflect this. But unless we get up off our fat surpluses and recognize that television in the main is being used to distract, delude, amuse and insulate us, then television and those who finance it, those who look at it and those who work at it, may see a totally different picture too late.


Fantastic. Read it.

3 comments:

Bravo 2-1 said...

we'll have a dash of unpleasantness from the media, but then followed by a story on spring breakers going to far, spring breakers volunteering, and then the latest about Barry Bonds.

The Scrutinator said...

I thought you endorsed television watching. (I'm glad you're having second thoughts.)

Thank God for the internet.

DAVE BONES said...

I'm bitter cos they don't want my stuff on TV. I thought what the guy said about TV in 1958 resonates today. Having said that I do see good stuff on TV over here.