March 01, 2006

No. Seriously, FUCK EVERYBODY. OK?

I really enjoyed Jo's state of the nation address on the creative forum last night:

Personally I think such an attitude is totally fucking pathetic.

If they stop selling Carlsberg beer, Twinnings tea and Tesco milk then maybe I'd take them a bit more seriously.

And maybe if they stopped living in such self-righteous denial and took 5 minutes to examine how many other large unethical corporates they (like most of us) are totally dependent on...Who do they bank with? Where does their heating and electric come from? etc

And what about creating a "public space for all"?!?

I was under the impression that "all" meant everyone?

Did I miss something?

I really disheartens me how ignorant and judgemental people are.

Loads of people work their arses off trying to eek out an sustainable livihood for themselves and their familes by setting-up and running co-operatives and other social enterprises etc only to be told they are evil capitalists by a bunch corporate beer swigging students.

Pathetic.

If we explain Kerry's story and the plans for her centre we could no doubt convince people of their merits, but whatever happened to trust or respect for diversity of tactics?

Man, things are fucked up. We need some massive radical changes. Not just within the systems that oppress us all, but also within the whole social justice movement. Too many of us have become stuck in our own littlet activist rat race, struggling to keep our head above water and actually acheiving very little indeed.

Sorry, think I've got state of the world blues today...

I don't bother with this sort of thing as I would be writing like this all the time, but I'm glad someone does. I couldn't even say the word "activist" without spitting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice addition from Dave Majick...

"I could not agree more with your sentiments Josef, perhaps if they are trying to locate themselves then, perhaps up their own arses would be a good place to start, perhaps they are suffering from delusions of grandeur, or they are perhaps they think they are the biggest game in town, this senseless fear of anything alien to their own viewpoint is typical of the woes that beset the human race as a whole, they should know better than to be so judgmental, Modo fac means Just do it, Kerry has been just doing it for a long time with little support from those who should support her most, she introduced me personally to the grass roots of Edinburgh during the G8 was out spoken with regards to the continuing poverty after the
circus had left town, People still living on the streets and on the breadline. Good people who just need a chance and that
is what she is trying to do, the LARC is paid for is it not, is it a business? it got support and funding I don’t know what is going on perhaps there are government agents at the top trying to fuck up the
network under the guise of some high ideal, perhaps we could have it out where do they bank, who do they work for, do they not understand the concept of a Creative forum or are they frightened, I was fuming when I received Alan’s mail. So I have asked Kerry to come on down and eat the bastards alive for herself and I will
watch with great interest as she dissects them one at a time, or perhaps they could do a little homework and find out for themselves what Modo fac central is
about, I shan’t hold my breath.chin up Josef the world is still a beautiful place inspite of the verity of the rubs lyric people are $%^&s. they just have to
know it to be cured
Love
David
(IX+XI)"

DAVE BONES said...

If Magic Dave is on it I'm joining. I didn't realise he was also available on the net.