March 10, 2006

The Road to Guantanamo



Second day with no dope and I'm away with the fairys all day. Been wandering without a clue. I've been smiling at strangers again though which is a good sign. I did an hours meditation this morning- almost. I can feel the crysalis of my emotions really close. These are the feelings I stop smoking dope for. I did this once in Delhi and I had the Police bust my hotel room because I was smiling so much. They didn't find anything cos I didn't have anything. I've been banned from the hotel ever since. Shithole anyway.

Anyway, Road to Guantanamo- a FUCK of a film, well worth waiting for. Very hard to watch the faces of the guys from Tipton interspersed with docudrama. Their treatment is horrific, but if you were a US marine a couple of months after 9/11 and had two Asians sitting in front of you, how could you tell if one secretly wanted to kill you?

Its all so horrific and pathetic, I don't think anyone could watch this and not think so. It made me feel like such an idiot in the way I approached filming Abdullah, Hamza and co. Ha ha I'm such a funny dope head aren't I? What a twat.

Winterbottom etc obviously take themselves seriously as film makers, asked respectfully and got a hell of a story. I've been so concerned that Police or worse might pick me up for pursuing this that I've gone Gonzo up my own ass and wasted everyone's time and my own.

Anyway, I'm going to crysalis for a while and see what comes out. I can see how I got in this mess. Its hard to face myself straight, the mess I have been in without running to all sorts of intoxicants. To keep repeating the same spiral. There is something really important that I have to clear this time. I want to look in the mirror and se me again, and just wanting to is having a healing effect. And Mr. Scrutinators prayers of course.

I would encourage anyone of any political persuasion to watch this film. the shots of Pakistan are beautiful. the interaction of the Tipton 3 is hilarious, especially when one of them is trying to teach a fellow Gitmo inmate how to rap. The one nice guard who killed a tarantula for the kid and asked him to rap for him. All this heavy metal, flashing lights and being chained to floors. Watch the faces of the Tipton 3 as they explain it. Get back to me. I'd be interested to hear what people make of it all.

Also do check out Jocks post on the subject.

1 comment:

The Scrutinator said...

Thanks for the update!

I don't believe for a moment it was a waste of time.

Thanks for letting me know what to pray.