January 19, 2006

Hamza trial 19th

I've got so behind in all this, I can't write my notes up before I get a whole load more. As you might have seen Mr. Hamza suprised everyone with a bit of a bombshell today revealing that he had the plans to Sandhurst Royal Military Academy in his house- because he was a civil engineer on the project. Its strange hearing his voice again. Not suprisingly the judge has to interupt him to stay on subject. He hasn't got too irritated yet. Its been great being in the public gallery to catch up with "the brothers" who pass by occasionaly and bring their point of view to you, but its a pain in the ass now because I can't see Hamza nor, maybe more importantly the juries reaction to him. I'll see if I can maybe blag a press card. I think he's going to be speaking all day tomorow.

Theres loads that I have missed out and will catch up on I promise.

UPDATE: I thought the BBC News at 10 misrepresented the story a bit tonight.

They said he "admitted having plans of Sandhurst which could be useful to terrorists..."

They didn't say he had them cos he was the bloody civil engineer on the project and the Police gave them back to him twice. I wonder if Fitz (defence) is going to pick up on it with the judge tomorrow?

Hamza: I kept plans of Sandhurst Ireland Online,
Abu Hamza 'convicted by media' The Observer

Eyewitness: Abu Hamza in court (BBC)

No comments: