January 08, 2006

HITS FROM THE BONG

I bought this guitar from a friends mum's catalogue when I was 16. I think I paid 2 quid a week. I decorated it when I was at art college in '92. When I've done gigs stoned, with my bong sitting on top of my amp they've been great. When I've done them pissed or without ganja they've been disasterous.

The government are right. Dope is addictive and in my case linked to depression. It shouldn't be illegal if cigarettes and alchohol are legal because they are linked to cancer and violence.

Having taken the decision to try and quit dope a couple of years back I've found out since how difficult it is to adjust to the reprogramming process. The scarriness of the straight world especially in these times sends me scuttling back to the bong.

I was a bit worried when they downgraded it in the UK that it would get somehow weaker. Maybe when the put it back up again it will blow my head off.

Also I am totally uninspired creatively without it.

If you click around blogworld, most of the darker templates have a bit of darkness to them blogwise. I actually cheered up a bit since I changed to this lighter template but it still feels wrong somehow.

All of this is totally from the weed. I feel that if I stop smoking dope I'll be happy, have a stable personality and be able to smile once in a while but I'll have to kiss goodbye to my music and painting style forever. I think two months is my record so far with significant improvement in mental health- and no creative inspiration at all.

Happiness and reality or ganja, music and trouble?

8 comments:

Indigobusiness said...

Is that drawn on or decoupaged?

Speaking of ganja, did you see this?

Bill Nilsson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bill Nilsson said...

These thoughts seems oh so familiar.

DAVE BONES said...

Yes I was aware of that. Good shit no? and happy new year Bill X or

Goten oo dor as they say over your way no?

I've probably spelt it wrong tho

Bill Nilsson said...

Oh, maybe that came out the wrong way. I didn't mean you were repeating yourself, if that was what it sounded like. I've just been having the same dilemma with smoke and creativity.

And happy new years yerself! Or GOTT NYTT AAR!

DAVE BONES said...

gotcha Bill, sorry I was answering indigos "did you see this?"

maybe dope should be illegal...oh it is.

Indigobusiness said...

Laws should be illegal.

Sara said...

I think that if a person is creative, they just are no matter what. Maybe you won't feel creative in the beginning but this will be just a transition period. Also, and this may sound like stupid or bad advice,since weed is just a psychological and not a physical addiction, maybe you could just cut down and use only when you want to draw and play music....for a time and see how it goes. Since weed is a part of your life, it'll be really hard to get rid of the habit. But in time, i think that you'll be able to and still stay the creative person that you are. You don't need drugs to be yourself, just be you without them.