July 09, 2005

MALUNG TV NEWS LONDON

Jamal called me. Told me to call Abdullah. I called Abdullah. He sounded very stressed. Apparently the Sun and the Daily mail, an arabic newspaper called Al Hayat and a South African radio program have called him continualy. they are giving him the impression that he and Omar Bakri are to be arrested very soon.

In the Suns case this is probably why.

In the name of New York, Washington, Bali, Nairobi, Madrid and now London, we shall have vengeance and justice. Britain is crawling with suspected terrorists and those who give them succor. The Government must act without delay, round up this enemy in our midst and lock them in internment camps.Our safety must not play second fiddle to their supposed “rights.”Nor must those who preach foul sermons on our streets be allowed to do so any longer.

Free speech is precious, but these wicked men mock our tolerance.

"I'm not one to run and hide." he told me. "If I shut up they will blame us."

When they arrested Abu Hamza I wasn't sure what to think. For the year I saw him preach I didn't warm to him, but all his anger was directed at the rich and powerful, none of it at me. I was more offended by Abdullahs khudbahs to be honest, but for very different reasons than the Mirror. When I first arrived he preached against people with facial piercings for 3 weeks. He is certainly "extreme" but comes across more EXTREMELY south London than anything else regardless of what he hollers in the street.

I remember when we fell out I sent him a screaming email saying such things.

"Look. If you don't agree to do this documentary now and a bomb goes off ALL of you will be taken off the street and I will be the only one standing outside Belmarsh protesting and everyone will be wondering why."

That was over a year ago (see CAN I DO A DOCUMENTARY ABOUT YOU MR ABDULLAH, FUCKING SHEEP! BAA! BAA!, HAVE I GOT LEPROSY? etc etc etc)

I never got the impression that Barry the Boss ever had the remotest intentions of arresting Abdullah.

No comments: