September 27, 2005

CHRISTIANITY

This is what I remember Christianity being like.

I like christians. I can understand where they are coming from. I think its a bit of a shame religions become a bit insular and groups always end up making up their own language.

I saw "Jesus is Lord" lit up above a church yesterday. I wonder what this conjures in the minds of non-believers. Jesus is Lord? of what? Lord as in the house of Lords?

I've a lot of respect for christians who take Jesus seriously. I miss that type of motivation to be honest with you. I don't like not believing anything, but I can't help it.

via Bushwhacked:

I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right.

-George W. Bush


I had some smarmy christians trying to throw demons out of me once. They were "ministering" to the Kallash tribe who they no doubt thought of as "lost souls". I wanted to hit them. I felt a bit "possesed" though, which bothered me.

2 comments:

I.:.S.:. said...

If you were really possessed you would have burned them to crisps with unholy crackling black electric energy emanating from your chest while a deep Satanic voice issued from your mouth shouting "Mwahahahahaahaaaha! Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!"

And switch this damn word verification off it's getting too hard for me.

The Scrutinator said...

I'd love for you to write on your journey(?) from evangelizing Christian to member of the Quality Control Alliance. Have you written it already?